top of page


We are here to help. Feel free to give us a call during our business hours, and we'll be happy to answer your questions. In the meantime, here are some frequently asked questions and answers. 
I live too far away, can I do tele-health counseling?  In most cases, YES!

I am not currently using alcohol or drugs but I have other concerns and I I do not want to relapse, can you still counsel me? In most cases, we can.  Call us and we will discuss the situation and see how we can help.

I use substances but that's not my biggest concern right now, can you help me?  We sure would like to try! Call us - don't wait for problems to get worse.

My husband/wife/partner does not want to get help, can you help me?  YES!  We serve those with drug and/or alcohol problems and their partners, significant others, and family members, even if the person with the drug/alcohol problem does not want to participate.

Can I get a DWI or DUI evaluation from Pearl Counseling Center? Yes. Call us at (518) 462-4320 and we will arrange it for you. We usually handle DWI and DUI evaluations within 48 hours.

What are your hours of operation? We offer day and evening hours that are flexible around individual schedules. We are open 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Friday. 

Where are you located? Our offices are conveniently located at 109 State Street in downtown Albany, just below the New York State Capitol. We are easily accessible from all major bus lines and on-street parking is also available.

What is the cost of counseling? We offer low cost, sliding scale fees and we accept Medicaid. If you have insurance, our fees are often lower than most insurance co-pays.

Why come to Pearl Counseling Center? We have over 30 years of experience and expertise. Our counselors are professional and friendly, and our Clinical Director is available for consultation at almost any time.

Who does Pearl Counseling Center serve? We serve individuals ages 16 and older who have substance use problems or are impacted by the substance use problems of a family member or loved one.

What if I have a problem after I leave? Can I call? Can I come back? Of course! 

I am a parent or spouse of someone with a drug or alcohol problems. Where do I turn? Give us a call at (518) 462-4320. We offer help to individuals, like you, in similar situations.

I've tried other programs before. How do I know Pearl Counseling Center will work? You don't know that it will work, and we don't offer false promises. What we do know is that Pearl Counseling Center can offer you individualized, professional and compassionate attention, and that we will do our best for you. If you are willing to change, and willing to put in some work in order to change, we will work with you to help you with your drug and alcohol problems.
bottom of page